Saturday 22 October 2022

Past Paper English Second Year 2011 BISE Gujranwala Board | Eureka Study Aids

Past Paper English Second Year
Group I Year 2011 Gujranwala Board
Objective
1.Choose the correct option of the following under-lined words from Book-II (Modern Prose and Heroes) Part-I:
1.Seeing the hours of school stretching ahead, was a dismal experience.
(a) Ordinary
(b) Great
(c) Sad
(d) Brilliant
2.We are also more critical than our ancestors.
(a) Neighbours
(b) Brothers 
(c) Forefathers
(d) Relatives
3.He has never leaned what real application is.
(a) Hard work 
(b) Real work 
(c) Work 
(d)Study
2.Choose the correct option of the following under-lined words from Book-II (Modern Prose and Heroes) Part-II:
1.One of them was a qualified oculist.
(a) Surgeon
(b) Optician
(c) Doctor
(d) Dispenser
2.The conditions were agonizing.
(a) Pleasing
(b) Troubling
(c) Amazing
(d) Painful
3.After much reflection, I put a bracket round it.
(a) Time
(b) Effort
(c) Thought
(d) Wait
3.Choose the correct option of the following under-lined words from the novel Goodbye Mr. Chips:
1.Chips became less rigid.
(a) sad
(b) regular
(c) strict
(d) happy
2.Talking to Linford had exhausted Chips.
(a) tired
(b) amused
(c) changed
(d) delighted
3.His dream had been to get a headship eventually.
(a) finally
(b) slowly
(c) gradually
(d) certainly
4.Chips went for a cure to Wiesbaden.
(a) drama
(b) rest
(c) comfort
(d) treatment
4.Choose the correct option of appropriate preposition:
1.Junaid was annoyed ---------- my performance.
(a) at
(b) with
(c) of
(d) for
2.The people did not agree ----------- the leader.
(a) to
(b) with
(c) against
(d) of
3.Death is preferable ----------- disgrace.
(a) of
(b) in
(c) to
(d0 from
4.Rizwan was absorbed ---------- his studies.Either he or his 
(a) on
(b) in
(c) with
(d) of
5.Nazir has given --------- smoking.
(a) to
(b) up
(c) to
(d) for
5.Choose the correct option:
1.She asked me, "Can you wash my dress"?
(a) she asked me if I can wash her dress.
(b) she asked me if I could wash my dress.
(c) she asked me I could have wash my dress.
2.Either he or his brothers was suffering from fever.
(a) Either he or his brothers were suffering from fever.
(b) Either he or his brothers shall be suffering from fever.
(c) Either he or his brothers suffers from fever.
 (d) Either he or his brothers was suffering from fever.
3.He is taller from I.
(a) He is taller to me.
(b) He is taller than me.
(c) He is taller to I.
(d) He is taller than I.
4.One should do his duty.
(a) One should do your duty.
(b) One should do his duty.
(c) One should do their duty.
(d) One should do one's duty.
5.He, you and I told lies.
(a) You, he and I told lies.
(b) He, I and you told lies.
(c) I, he and you told lies.
(d) I, you and he told lies.


Past Paper English Second Year
Group I Year 2011 Gujranwala Board
Subjective
Section-I 
1.Write short answers to any six (in 3-5 lines) questions from Book-II (Modern Prose and Heroes) Part-I:         12
(I) What were our ancestors afraid of?
(ii) How does the financial pressure according to the writer lead the students to failure?
(iii) Why is there no life on the stars?
(iv) How did the writer feel his pulse?
(v) Why did Daiches dislike his school life?
(vi) What was the prescription given to Jerome by the doctor?
(vii) Why did Leacock go to the bank?
(viii) What are the main causes of famines?
(ix) How did Abd-al Rahman escape?
2.Write short answers to any six (in 3-5 lines) questions from Book-II (Modern Prose and Heroes) Part-II:       12
(I) What sorts of questions did the examiner ask the writer in the examination?
(ii) Why did Churchill prefer English to Latin and Greek?
(iii) How did children look in the Ghardaia?
(iv) How did surgeons infect their patients in the past?
(v) Who was Metchnikoff and what did he discover?
(vi) Who was the first human being whom Pasteur treated of Rabbies?
(vii) Who was selected to crush the revolt against the Allies in Anatolia?
(viii) What was announced in the first meeting of the Grand National Assembly met at Ankara?
3.Write short answers to any Eight (in 3-5 lines) questions from the novel of Goodbye Mr. Chips:      16
(I) Who was Colley?
(ii) How did Mr. Chips sprain his ankle?
(iii) Why did Mr. Chips hasten to the girl waving from the dangerous rock?
(iv) How greatly was Mr. Chips changed after his married?
(v) Who was Meldrum? How long did he serve Brookfield?
(vi) What type of man was Mr. Ralston?
(vii) Give an account of the dispute between Chips and Ralston?
(viii) When and why Chips retired for the first time?
(ix) Why did Chips join Brookfield again?
(x) Who was Chatteris and how did he die?
(xi) Was Chips a dry sort of man?
(xii) Describe the death scene in the novel "Goodbye, Mr. Chips"?
Section-II
4.Write an essay (300-400 words) on any one of the following topics:      15
1.My Ambition
2.My last day at college
3.A cricket match
4.Technical Education
5.Use any Five of the following idioms in sentences of your own:  10
1.Deal in
2.Cut off
3.Break in
4.To come to blows
5.Face the music
6.Keep abreast of
7.Make both ends meet
8.Take into account



No comments:

Post a Comment