1. M.A. ENGLISH LIT: 1. PU Part I 2. PU Part II 3. UOS Part I 4. UOS Part II 5. BZU Part I 6. BZU Part II 7. UOK PART I 8. UOK PART II 9. UOP PART I 10. UOP PART II
2. GRADUATION: 1. PU B.A. English (C) 2. PU B.A. English Lit. 3. PU B.Sc. English 4. PU B.Com English 5. UOS B.A. English (C) 6. BZU B.A. English (C) 7. Other Subjects
3. INTER & A LEVEL: 1. Ist Year English (PB) 2. 2nd Year English (PB) 3. A Level English Part I 4. A Level English Part II 5. Other Subjects
4. MATRIC & O LEVEL: 1. English for Class 9 (PB) 2. English for Class 10 (PB) 3. O Level English Part I 4. O Level English Part II 5. Other Subjects
5. CSS/PMS: 1. Essay Writing 2. Composition & Precis Writing 3. English Literature 4. Other Subjects
Wednesday, 15 June 2016
Q.1. Choose the best answer.
(i) The writer looked into the luminous swirl of the river, (misty, murky, dim, bright)
(ii) The writer was reckless with misery. (quiet, talkative, rash, slow)
(iii) The boy must cultivate a poise that smothers the fidgets, (
Monday, 9 May 2016
Thursday, 4 June 2015
SHORT ANSWERS - HEROES
(Paper Tips are only given in the Hard Copy)Answer the following questions.
1. How did Churchil do his Latin Paper?
Ans. He wrote his name and number of question, and left the entire paper blank.
2. Why did Churchill not do well in the examinations?
Ans. He liked poetry and essay writing but the examiners were interested in Latin and Mathematics.
3. Which subject was taught to Churchill?
Ans. He was taught English at Harrow.
4. Who was Mr. Welldon?
Ans. He was the hear of Harrow who judged the hidden qualities in Churchill.
5. How did Somervell teach English?
Ans. He taught English very well by means of different colourful inks.
6. What good did Churchill's three years stay at Harrow to him?
Ans. He learnt the basic rules of English during his stay which proved very useful for him in future.
7. What thing attracted Christopher to visit Sahara?
Ans. The threat of his foster mother to send him to Timbuktu attracted him to visit Sahara.
8. What was the most noticeable feature of the desert city named Ghardaia?
Ans. It was a typical desert city. Flies were in plenty there.
9. What did Christopher do at El-Golea?
Ans. El-Golea was an oasis. Christopher used to take bath in a little pool and lay on the cool grass.
10. Who was Professor Claude Balanguernon?
Ans. He was a Frenchman who devoted his life to educate the Taureg people and became the guide of Christopher.
11. How did Christopher manage to get water at Abbangarit?
Ans. He used the wire of his recording machine and a tea-pot to get water.
12. What did Christopher do when he reached Timbuktu?
Ans. He took some rest, regained his health and planned for further adventures.
13. What is antiseptic method?
Ans. Killing of harmful germs by chemicals known as antiseptics is called antiseptic method.
14. What was the chief defect of antiseptic method?
Ans. This method not only destroyed the germs but also the white blood cells of body.
15. What part is played by the white cells in the blood of a human body?
Ans. These protect the body against diseases.
16. What is Lysozyme? How was it discovered?
Ans. It is a natural antiseptic discovered by Fleming while examining his own nasal secretions.
17. How was penicillin discovered?
Ans. It was discovered accidentally when a mould fell in the culture plate in Fleming's laboratory.
18. Why couldn't penicillin have been discovered in the research laboratories of America?
Ans. It was because their laboratories were dust-proof and very clean.
19. How can we say that Pasteur was a great patriot?
Ans. He served himself to serve in the army, saved the wine and silk industry of his country.
20. How did Pasteur discover the method of making vaccines?
Ans. He inoculated weakened germs into the healthy animals to save them from diseases.
21. What do you mean by spontaneous generation?
Ans. Spontaneous generation means that things change without the external influence.
22. How did Pasteur discover the treatment for the cattle disease, Anthrax?
Ans. He inoculated weakened germs into the healthy animals to save them from Anthrax.
23. How did Pasteur cure the silkworm disease?
Ans. By doing an epic of experiments and telling the cause of disease he cured the disease.
24. Which was the first human disease to which vaccination was applied?
Ans. It was Hydrophobia or Rabies caused by the bite of a mad dog.
25. Why was Mustafa Kamal sent to Anatolia?
Ans. He was sent there to put down the rebels who were not obeying Padsha.
26. Why did Mehmet order Mustafa Kamal to return to Constantinople?
Ans. Mehmet felt that he was working against the interest of his government.
27. What was Mustafa Kamal's reply?
Ans. He said, " I shall stay in Anatolia until the nation has won its independence.
28. What was decided by the Grand Turkish National Assembly at the end of War?
Ans. It decided by the unanimous vote to abolish the Sultanate in Turkey.
29. What were Mustafa Kamal's social reforms?
Ans. He finished old title, abolished veil and allowed higher education for women.
30. What were Mustafa Kamal's economic reforms?
Ans. He encouraged heavy industry. The banking system was organized. New roads and railways were constructed.