Friday 4 November 2022

Past Paper English Second Year 2014 BISE Multan Board | Eureka Study Aids

Past Paper English Second Year
Group I Year 2014 Multan Board
Objective
1.Choose the correct option of the following under-lined words from Book-II (Modern Prose and Heroes) Part-I:
1.There were few solitary travellers on the way.
(a) lonely
(b) educated
(c) young
(d )old
2.The Chinese peasant does not flee to the cities.
(a) see
(b) escape
(c) point
(d) welcome
3.In the past city streets were full of garbage.
(a) animals
(b) birds
(c) rubbish
(d) parties
2.Choose the correct option of the following under-lined words from Book-II (modern Prose and Heroes) Part-II:
1.The explosives were used extensively.
(a )beautifully
(b) foolishly
(c) slowly
(d) greatly
2.The Grand Turkish Assembly gave the verdict.
(a) promise
(b) glimpse
(c) award
(d) decision
3.The learning English was a kind of drill for him.
(a) manifestation
(b) duty
(c) relief
(d) exercise
3.Choose the correct option of the following under-lined words from the novel Goodbye Mr. Chips:
1.His meeting with Linford had exhausted Chips.
(a) rejoiced
(b) tired
(b) ignored
(d) abused
2.At the beginning Chips' discipline was not reliable.
(a) perfect
(b) defective
(c) deep
(d) dependable
3.Chips became less rigid.
(a) soft
(b) religious
(c) stern
(d) foolish
4.They became hysterical.
(a) happy
(b) mad
(c) delighted
(d) grieved
4.Choose the correct option of the following appropriate preposition:
1.The thief broke ------------ their house yesterday.
(a) in
(B) on
(c) into
(d) for
2.He is fond sweets.
(a) with
(b) from
(c) of
(d) at
3.Do not look down ---------- the poor.
(a) at
(b) upon
(c) of
(d) for
4.He was absorbed ----------- studies.
(a) at
(b) of
(c) on
(d) with
5.Choose the correct option:
1.A horse is a faithful animal.
(a) Horse is a faithful animal.
(b) The horse is a faithful animal.
(c) Horse is faithful animal.
(d) The horse is faithful animal.
2.I could not help to laugh.
(a) I could not help laughing.
(b) I could not help laugh.
(c) I could not help but laugh.
(d) I could not help without laughing.
3.One should do his duty.
(a) One should do one duty.
(b) One should do one's duty.
(c) One should do one's duty.
(d) One should do their duty.
4.I take pain over my work.
(a) I take pain at my work.
(b) I take pain at his work.
(c) I take pain at his work.
(d) I take pains over my work.
5.I can say it as his face.
(a) I can say it to his work.
(b) I can say his face.
(c) I can say with his face.
(d) I can say from his face.



Past Paper English Second Year
Group II Year 2014 Multan Board
Subjective
Section-I
1.Write short answers to any six (in 3-5 lines) questions from Book-II (Modern Prose and Heroes) Part-I:      12
(I) How is the space beyond milky way?
(ii) What did the writer feel in Thursday morning?
(iii) What were the sanitary conditions in the cities hundred years ago?
(iv) What is a scaffold?
(v) What does the writer mean by mistaken ambition?
(vi) What did the writer see in the river?
(vii) What was the writer's state of mind whenever he entered the bank?
(viii) Describe a day in the life of Chinese student?
(ix) Why is birth rate not so high in the advanced countries?
2.Write short answers to any six (in 3-5 lines) questions from Book-II (Modern Prose and Heroes) Part-II:        12
(I) In what subjects did the writer liked to be examined?
(ii) Why did Churchill emphasise teaching of English?
(iii) How did Pasteur discovered the method of making Vaccines?
(iv) Who was Christopher?
(v) Did Fleming own the discovery of penicillin?
(vi) How was Fleming appreciated?
(vii) What was the first object of Mustafa Kamal?
(viii) Who was the prime Minister of Turkey?
3.Write short answers to any Eight (in 3-5 lines) questions from the novel Goodbye Mr. Chips:     16
(I) What did Wetherby advice Mr. Chips at the time of his preliminary interview?
(ii) What was Chips' status when he was fifty and sixty?
(iii) How did Mr. Chips and Katherine fall in love with each other?
(iv) How was Mr. Chips changed after his marriage?
(v) What memories of Katherine haunted Chips?
(vi) What are the main characteristics of Ralston?
(vii) How did Ralston chargesheet Chips?
(viii) When and why did Mr. Chips decided to retire?
(ix) What did Chips feel when he rejoined Brookfield school again?
(x) How did Brookfield celebrate end of the war?
(xi) What were the two things Chips have never done?
(xii) What did Cartwright say when Chips close his eyes?
Section-II
1.Write an essay (300-400 words) on any one of the following topics:     15
1.My college.
2.Energy Crisis.
3.My aim in life.
4. Why I love Pakistan.
2.Use any Five of the following idioms in sentences of your own:  10
1.Through thick and thin
2.Turn turtle
3.Tide over
4.Take to task.
5.Rank and file.
6.Bow out
7. Cry up44


No comments:

Post a Comment