Thursday 3 November 2022

Past Paper English Second Year 2012 BISE Multan Board | Eureka Study Aids

Past Paper English Second Year
Group I Year 2012 Multan Board
Objective
1.Choose the correct option of the following under-lined words from Book-II (Modern Prose and Herpes) Part-I:
1.The Books were lying forlorn on the ooze at the bottom of the river.
(a) happy
(b) lonely
(c) delighted
(d) hopeful
2.A few lazy bluffers also drift in the college.
(a) boasters 
(b) wicked
(c) Evil mongers
(d) incapable
3.Indigenous machines stimulate the revolutionary spirit of the masses.
(a) depress
(b) dampen
(c) discourage
(d) motivate
2.Choose the correct option of the following under-lined words from Book-II (Modern Prose and Heroes) Part-II:
1.In peace time, antiseptic method was adequate.
(a) good
(b) best
(c) sufficient
(d) practicable
2.I gazed for two hours at this spectacle.
(a) searched
(b) jeered
(c) stared
(d) tackled
3.Turks were infuriated by foreign occupation.
(a) appreciated
(b) annoyed
(c) scared
(d) overjoyed
3.Choose the correct option of the following under-lined words from the novel Goodbye Mr. Chips:
1.Something whose ultimate significance has yet to be rocked.
(a) played
(b) guessed
(c) refuted
(d) published
2.Mr. Chips was rescued by the girl.
(a) hospitalized
(b) killed
(c) saved
(d) drowned
3.Chips had already begun to sink into the creeping dry rot of pedagogy.
(a) learning
(b) listening
(c) laughing
(d) teaching
4.Abruptly Chips flamed up.
(a) slowly
(b) finally
(c) immediately
(d) lovenly
4.Choose the correct option of the following appropriate preposition:
1.I have no taste ------------ mathematics.
(a) for
(b) in
(c) on
(d) of
2.He didn't wait me.
(a) to
(b) at
(c) of
(d) for
3.I am obliged ------------ you.
(a) for
(b) of
(c) to
(d) from
4.I can see --------- his tricks.
(a) through
(b) at
(c) into
(d) to
5.He has great regard ----------- elder.
(a) of
(b) for
(c) with
(d) to
5.Choose the correct option.
1.Of the two books, the second is the best.
(a) Of the two books, the second is good.
(b) Of the two books, the second is the best.
(c) Of the two books, the second is the good.
(d) Of the two books, the second is the better.
2.I didn't see somebody there.
(a) I did see not nobody there.
(b) I didn't see nobody there.
(c) I didn't see somebody there.
(d) I didn't see nobody there.
3.I ,he and you will help the poor.
(a) He, you and I will help the poor.
(b) I, you and he will help the poor.
(c)  You, I and he will help the poor.
(d) You, he and I will help the poor.
4.I don't know who are you.
(a) I don't know who you are.
(b) I don't know not who are you.
(c) I don't know are you who.
(d) I don't know who do you are.
5.Unless you don't work, you will not pass.
(a) Unless don't you work, you will not pass.
(b) Unless you work, you will not pass.
(c) Unless you don't work, you will not pass.
(d) Lest work, you will not pass.


Past Paper  English Second Year
Group I Year 2012 Multan Board
Subjective
Section-I
1.Write short answers to any six (in 3-5 lines) questions from Book-II (Modern Prose and Heroes) Part-I:        12
(I) What are the planets and how did they come into existence?
(ii) How has the scientific method helped us in the production and preservation of food?
(iii) Why do some bright student boys fail at college?
(iv) Why did Daiches call morning as rose colored?
(v) Write the names of of at least four books J.C Squire?
(vi) What was the prescription given to Jerome by of the doctor?
(vii) What is decentralization economy?
(viii) Describe the poor economic conditions prevailing in the under developed country?
(ix) What did the Abbasid Caliph say on receiving the head of his governor?
2.Write short answers to any six (in 3-5 lines) questions from Book-II (Modern Prose and Heroes) Part-II:      12
(I) How did Churchill perform his entrance examination at Harrow?
(ii) Churchill was taught English at Harrow and Latin and Greek. was it a gain or loss?
(iii) Who was Professor Claude Balanguernon?How did he help Christopher?
(iv) What are antiseptic and what is antiseptic method?
(v) How did Pasteur prove that spontaneous generation was not a fact?
(vi) How did Pasteur the treatment of Anthrax?
(vii) What reforms did Mustafa Kamal introduce about the position of women in Turkish society?
(viii) How did Mustafa Kamal make his nation educated?
3.Write short answers to any Eight (in 3-5 lines) questions from the novel Goodbye Mr. Chips:      16
(I) How did Chips measure his time in Mrs. Wickett's house?
(ii) What kind of people Brookfield supply?
(iii) With what did Chips serve the boys?
(iv) How did Chips feel in the company of women?
(v) How did Katherine urge Chips to forgive students for their mistakes?
(vi) What sort of gown did Chips wear after the death of Katherine?
(vii) Who succeeded Wetherby as a Headmaster?
(viii) How did people come to know about the quarrel between Chips and Ralston?
(ix) What did Chips say about the captain of the school?
(x) How did Brookfield celebrate end of the War?
(xi) Why did Chips earn the reputation of being a great jester?
Section-II
1.Write an essay (300-400 words) on any one of the following topics:      15
1.My first day at college.
2.A scene at a railway station.
3.My hobby.
4.Eid-ul Azha.
2.Use any Five of the following idioms in sentences of your own:  10
1.By hook or by crook
2.Fair play
3.Heart and soul
4.Cheek by jowl
5.Bring up
6.Put of
7.Make both end meets
8.To blow hot and cold


























































No comments:

Post a Comment