Friday 28 October 2022

Past Paper English Second Year 2018 BISE Gujranwala Board | Eureka Study Aids

 Past Paper English Second Year
Group I Year 2018 Gujranwala Board
Objective
1.Choose the correct option of the following under-lined words from Book-II (Modern Prose and Heroes) Part-I:
1.Each star makes its voyage at his compete loneliness.
(a) movement
(b) journey
(c) arrival
(d) satisfaction
2.On Friday, the writer walked with the tread of an escaped prisoner.
(a) walk
(b) pride
(c) honor
(d) pleasure
3.From the western angle ,the Chinese women lack feminity.
(a) wisdom
(b) intelligence
(c) courage
(d) womanliness
2.Choose the correct option of the following under-lined words from Book-II (Modern Prose and Heroes) Part-II:
1.The merciful ushers collected the paper of the writer.
(a) teachers
(b) students
(c) instructors
(d) attendants
2.Fleming got a share of the legacy.
(a) lottery
(b) history
(c) inheritance
(d) property
3.The Turks vowed that death was preferable to rule by the Greeks.
(a) declared
(b) swore
(c) said
(d) repeated
3.Choose the correct option of the following under-lined words from the novel Goodbye Mr. Chips:
1.Brookfield looked russet under the autumn mantle the creeper.
(a) aroma
(b) covering
(c) fragrance
(d) flowers
2.Katherine did not always plead for leniency.
(a) mercy
(b) cruelty
(c) whip
(d) punishment
3.Chips went for a cure to Wiesbaden.
(a) for
(b) enjoyment
(c) remedy
(d) recreation
4.Chips was a legend.
(a) old
(b) weak
(c) active
(d) famous person
4. Choose the correct option of appropriate option:
1.I assure you ----------- co-operation.
(a) with
(b) for
(c) to
(d) of
2.You are devoid ---------- good manners.
(a) for
(b) of
(c) in
(d) from
3.He impressed me ------------ his speech.
(a) with
(b) on
(c) into
(d) upon
4.He did not object ------------- my proposal.
(a) for
(b) to
(c) by
(d) into
5.I am sure ----------- my success.
(a) for
(b) on
(c in
(d) of
5.Choose the correct option:
1.The committee has chosen their chairman.
(a) The committee have chosen their chairman.
(b) The committee has chosen a chairman.
(c) The committee have chosen their chairman.
(d) The committee has chosen its chairman.
2.I am listening your story.
(a) I am listening with your story.
(b) I am listening to your story.
(c) I am listening at your story.
(d) I  am listening on your story.
3.Don't speak a lie.
(a) Don't tell a lie.
(b) Don't tell the lie.
(c) Don't speak the lie.
(d) Don't speak a lie.
4.He is senior than me.
(a) He is senior than I.
(b) He is senior than me.
(c) He is more senior tome.
(d) He is senior than mine.
5.I have headache.
(a) I have a headache.
(b) I have the headache.
(c) I have an headache.
(d) I has a headache.


Past Paper English Second Year
Group I Year 2018 Gujranwala Board
Subjective
Section-I
1.Write short answers to any six (in 3-5 lines) questions from Book-II (Modern Prose and Heroes) Part-I:    12
(I) How did planets come into being?
(ii) What do superstitious people believe?
(iii) how should the lazy bluffers be treated in college?
(iv) What were David Daiches ' unfulfilled wishes?
(v) Why could the writer not burn the unwanted books?
(vi) Describe the writer's visit to the chemist?
(vii) Why did the manager come to think that Stephen Leacock had an awful secret to reveal?
(viii) What are modern evil that are absent in China?
(ix) Why was Cordova called "The jewel of the world"?
2.Write short answers to any six (in 3-5 lines) questions from Book-II (Modern Prose and Heroes) Part-II:   12
(I) Why does Churchill prefer English to Latin and Greek?
(ii) Describe the little town named El- Golea?
(iii) How did Professor Balanguernon  save Christopher's life towards the end of hitch hike?
(iv) Fleming's achievement paved the way for other discoveries of the medical field. What are they?
(v) Write a note on Penicillin as a wonder drug?
(vi) What did Pasteur advise to do to prevent the silkworm disease?
(vii) Why wad Mustafa Kamal sent to Anatolia?
(viii) Describe Mustafa Kamal as a great reformer?
3.Write short answers to any six (in 3-5 lines) questions from the Novel Goodbye Mr. Chips:    16
(I) Why did not Chips like Melbury school?
(ii) What was the dream of Chips in his early twenties?
(iii) How did Chips serve his guests?
(iv) What was Chips' notion about women?
(v) how did Chips depreciate himself and his achievements?
(vi) How did Katherine affect the character of Chips?
(vii) Why could Chips not write his books?
(viii) Why was Grayson's disturbed in the class?
(ix) What did River says to Chips after the row?
(x) What request did Chatteris make to Chips?
(xi) What was the will made by Chips?
(xii) What did Chips say to Cartwright?
Section-II
1.Write an essay (300-400 words) on any one of the following topics:      15
1.Mobile Phone
2.A Picnic Party.
3.Why I Love my Country.
4.Technical Education.
2.Use any Five of the following idioms in sentences of your own:  10
1.A wild goose chase.
2.Fair weather friend.
3.To carry weight.
4.in black and white.
5.Part and parcel.
6.Carry of.
7.Small talk.
8.Guilty of.

No comments:

Post a Comment