Tuesday 12 December 2017

DAY FIFTEEN - SECOND YEAR ENGLISH GUESS PAPER

Essay No. 1

A Visit to a Hill Station

The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.
(Augustine of Hippo)

     I am mad about tourism because I have an adventurous spirit. I have an itinerary of Pakistan. I have visited many attractive places of Pakistan like Shalimar Gardens, Faisal Mosque, Tomb of Jahangir, Sozo Water Park, Lahore Zoo, Manora, Mohenjo-daro and Murree Hills. However, my visit to Naran in the Kaghan Valley surpasses all and is unforgettable.
     I visited Naran with my family. It was a sunny morning of May 2016. We packed our luggage and seated in our car. My father sat at the driving seat and we left for Abbotabad. We reached there in the afternoon. The weather was very pleasant there. However,  the journey was tiring and we slept soundly for the night in a hotel.
     Next morning we left for Balakot. On the way, we passed by Jangal Mangal and Jabba. Around Jabba there was a thick forest and the beauty of the landscape was simply breathtaking. There were very sharp, hairpin turns on the road near Batrasi. We saw the conjunction point where the river Kunhar meets two other streams near Garhi Habibullah. We reached Shogran in the evening.
     Next morning we left for Naran. The road to Naran was in a bad shape. It was high in upper half of the high mountain slope and the river Kunhar looked like a ribbon below. The stone houses of brave villagers on the mountain slope were amazing. Our car crossed about eight glaciers from Kaghan to Naran.
     At last, we reached Naran, the most scenic town of Pakistan. It was very still in the woods around Naran. There were logs in the river Kuhar. We enjoyed fishing there. We also enjoyed horse-riding. What should I say about lake Saiful-Maluk, it is nevertheless the most beautiful lake in the world. The water of the lake was crystal clear and freezing cool.
     It was extremely enjoyable and unforgettable trip. The return from the fairy land was sad and sombre. It looked like returning from Heaven to Hell, from a tension free land to a troubled world. In short, I love river Kunhar, I love Naran, I love Saiful-Maluk and above all I adore Allah Almighty's creativity and craftsmanship.
Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting.
(Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Notes Prepared By: Prof. Shahbaz Asghar

Essay No. 2

A Visit to a Historical Place

No comments:

Post a Comment